We had an issue come up during our weekly on-site maintenance call involving Adobe Acrobat Standard. A user was unable to edit a PDF file in the application because Adobe was opening all files in PDF/A (archive) mode. However, simply changing the mode settings did not resolve this particular issue entirely. A little more troubleshooting finally produced the solution.
Issue: Not able to edit documents in acrobat, documents were opening in pdf/a mode
System: Windows XP, Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.0
Error Code: N/A – The PDF file cannot be edited using Acrobat tools.
- Pdf/a mode is a non-editing mode. To change out of this mode go to:
- Edit, preferences, document, view in pdf/a mode: options are - always, never, only if pdf/a document
- Change setting to either never or only if pdf/a document
- Once the change is made verify documents do not display as a solid grey image. In the event this occurs go to:
- Edit, preferences, page display and select display large images.
Gravity Systems serves as the comprehensive IT Department for small businesses. Our maintenance and monitoring solutions are customizable to fit the individual needs of each customer. Get in touch with us so we can show you ways we can help your company.