Austin Sonicwall Support
Sonicwall firewall appliances safeguard your network from hackers and other intruders. They also have cutting edge features like robust VPN support, advanced content filtering, and intrusion prevention.
Let Gravity Systems help protect your network and enable remote access to network resources with a solution featuring Sonicwall products. Contact us today.
A firewall is your first line of defense against Internet security threats. It acts as the gatekeeper to keep hackers on the Internet from accessing data on your network. However, all firewalls are not the same. The key differences in firewalls are the amount and quality of information used to make decisions. The more information collected, the more security the firewall delivers.
Packet Filtering Firewalls
A packet filtering firewall simply examines the packet header and decides whether or not to let the packet proceed. Decisions are made in accordance with a set of rules or filters. The inability of packet filtering to dig deeper into the packet exposes your network to Denial of Service (DoS), IP Spoofing, and a host of prevalent Internet attacks. Most broadband routers include packet filtering firewalls along with IP networking features like NAT (Network Address Translation), and DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) to share broadband Internet connections. While these functions make it easy to connect a network to the Internet, they do little to improve the security of the connection since hackers can easily bypass NAT to gain access to your network.
Stateful Packet Inspection Firewalls
A stateful packet inspection firewall intercepts packets until it has enough to make a determination as to the state of the attempted connection before passing judgment. By maintaining a table of current connections and their most recent events, these firewalls are able to spot abnormal sequences inherent in hacker attacks. Stateful packet inspection is the most trusted firewall technology and is widely used in enterprise-class firewalls.
SonicWALL Internet Security Appliances
SonicWALL Internet Security Appliances deliver enterprise-class security for your business network.
- ICSA-certified, Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall. Adheres to industry standards and uses the most advanced technology to provide hardened firewall protection
- Complete Network Protocol Support. Supports NAT, DHCP, and PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) for easy deployment without sacrificing security
- Intuitive Web Management Interface. Includes easy-to-use Web management interface and wizards for quick installation
- Comprehensive Security. Provides everything you need to protect your network including seamless support for SonicWALL security applications, such as Network Anti-Virus and IPSec VPN
- AutoUpdate Security. Keeps your firewall security up to date with SonicWALL's automatic security updates
Want more information on firewall technology or a wide range of other network security topics? Explore our White Papers for in depth information on just the topic you're looking for. To find out more about how SonicWALL Internet security appliances can deliver cost-effective, hardened firewall security for your network, please contact us.
Let Gravity Systems help protect your network and enable remote access to network resources with a solution featuring Sonicwall products. contact us today.